- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- Toss the potatoes and cheese; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup, onion, 4 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in sour cream. Toss stuffing cubes and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Cheesy Potatoes
"I basically used this recipe as a guideline. I cut the recipe in half and used my 3-quart slow cooker which worked great. I left out the soup, replaced the sour cream with mayonnaise and didn't used the stuffing cubes. I also used salt substitute in place of both the salt and the pepper. For time constraints, I had the slow cooker on high for just over an hour and on low for not quite 4 1/2 hours. The potatoes turned out great. My husband does not care for potatoes most of the time and he commented that they were good."
"Will have to make this soon ~ may need to change it around a little ~ leave out cream chx. soup, only use sour cream and cheddar cheese. Would also use Stove Top Savory Herb stuffing mix. That's my take."
"Oh my goodness, these turned out extremely salty and were a gloppy mess!"
"I liked the flavor, but the fries where like mush, next time i might use a larger type of fries"
"Very yummy! I made this in the oven and cooked it for about 1 hour at 350 degrees"
"Stove top stuffing mix"
"What are stuffing cubes?"