- In the same skillet, saute onion in drippings until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar,
- seasonings, orange peel and cocoa. Stir in tomato sauce; add to
- skillet and heat through. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef and vegetables are
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture equals 278 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.