- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the beans, pineapple, onion, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar and mustard.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Calico Beans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p90
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Calico Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review