- 4 whole wheat bagels, split and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the bagels, apple, cranberries and raisins. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, egg substitute, sugar, butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over bagel mixture and stir to combine; gently press bagels down into milk mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Bread Pudding
Sort By :
"Just wondering. As a Jew, I know bagels. Only time I have heard of them other than here is from a friend of a friend who said that they give you wheat (hard enough to kill someone if thrown lol) bagels. Whole. At the store, like Albertsons, Vons, and at deli's that sell them , have not seen them."
"My husband loves Bread Pudding....me not so much. But this was reallllllyyyyyy good. Instead of the wheat bagels I used Cinnamon/Raisin Bagels. Was really delicious but don't forget the cool whip on top. This recipe is a keeper."
"It lost me with whole wheat bagels. Then cranberries really put it in the sewer."
"Not bad. Is better when right out of the crock pot. Next time try different bagels."