Slow-Cooked Bread Pudding Recipe
This warm and hearty dessert is perfect on any cold, blustery winter evening. And the slow cooker fills your kitchen with an amazing aroma. My stomach is growling just thinking about it! —Maiah Albi, Carlsbad, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 4 whole wheat bagels, split and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the bagels, apple, cranberries and raisins. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, egg substitute, sugar, butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over bagel mixture and stir to combine; gently press bagels down into milk mixture.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 231 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC