Slow-Cooked Bread Pudding Recipe
- 4 whole wheat bagels, split and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the bagels, apple, cranberries and raisins. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, egg substitute, sugar, butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over bagel mixture and stir to combine; gently press bagels down into milk mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Bread Pudding
Sort By :
My husband loves Bread Pudding....me not so much. But this was reallllllyyyyyy good. Instead of the wheat bagels I used Cinnamon/Raisin Bagels. Was really delicious but don't forget the cool whip on top. This recipe is a keeper.
It lost me with whole wheat bagels. Then cranberries really put it in the sewer.
Not bad. Is better when right out of the crock pot. Next time try different bagels.
Absolutely tasty. Used the bagels, cinnamon & raisin. Used 7 eggs instead. Used 3 Granny Smith apples and craisins. I doubled the recipe as we had a crowd. I also used a 7 qt. crock pot. It had to cook longer, of course, so I cooked it on high for 5 hours and then on low for a little over 3 and it was just perfect. Watched the edges, tho. A good one to start with.