Slow-Cooked Blueberry Grunt Recipe
If you love blueberries, then you can't go wrong with this easy slow-cooked dessert. For a special treat, serve it warm with vanilla ice cream.—Cleo Gonske, Redding, California
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Place blueberries, sugar, water and extract in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on high 2-3 hours or until bubbly.
- 2. For dumplings, in a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Add milk; stir just until a soft dough forms.
- 3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls on top of hot blueberry mixture. Cook, covered, 30 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean. If desired, serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 360 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Blueberry Grunt
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC