- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the blueberries, sugar, water and extract. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until bubbly.
- For dumplings, in a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot blueberry mixture. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Blueberry Grunt
Sort By :
While the bluberries were cooking in the crockpot the smell was wonderful. I expected a delicious treat. However after the flour mixture was put on top, everything went downhill. The consistency of the flour mixture was
mushy and hard to spoon. There was also too much of it and it absorbed all of the bluberry liquid. The leftovers were even a doughy mush which heating up did not help. I threw it all away.