Slow Cooked Beef Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1-1/4 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 2 large onions, sliced, divided
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 15 whole cloves, divided
- 6 bay leaves, divided
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup water, 1 cup vinegar, half of the onions, lemon, 10 cloves, four bay leaves, peppercorns, sugar and salt; mix well. Add roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add pepper and remaining water, vinegar, onions, cloves and bay leaves. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours.
- 3. Remove roast and keep warm. Discard bay leaves. Stir in gingersnaps. Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 214 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Slow Cooked Beef
"This recipe is great. I didnt do anything different and I"ve made it twice , its turned out really good and my family who loves old world food raved about it..Mine doesnt turn out nicely sliced looking like the photo but it tastes great.."
"This is very yummy! And very convenient in the slow cooker. Just our observation...even though it says it serves 12 people, I would say it serves more like 6.~ Theresa"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.