Convenient frozen veggies and hash browns make this meaty soup a snap to mix up. Simply brown the ground beef, then stir everything together to simmer all day. "It's wonderful served with bread and a salad," adds Carol Calhoun of Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato juice, mixed vegetables, potatoes and soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Beef Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p20
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beef Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review