- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato juice, mixed vegetables, potatoes and soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beef Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
"Whole family loved it! I found a mixed vegetable blend specifically for soups and it was amazing in this recipe! I was extremely impressed by the tomato juice taking in the flavors while in the crock pot. You would never have guessed that was all that was in it! I did add a little salt and more juice than the recipe required. Overall, I will be making this again! Maybe next time I will try adding rice!"
"Frozen MIXED veggies just don't cut it in my book...fresh sliced carrots, fresh or frozen green beans, frozen corn or peas(separate) taste much better. Sauteed onions, celery and mushrooms would add so much more to this soup."
"Really disappointed here. Just not my thing, I guess. Very little taste. Won't make it again."
"I would think that adding the veggies and potatoes in the frozen state would lower the temp of the ingredients in the crock pot and it would take longer to bring the whole pot up to proper cooking temperature. I haven't made this as yet but plan to use it when we have a busy day, my rating reflects my opinion on the ease of the recipe."
"Actually, I don't know why you would even need a slow cooker for this recipe. It could be cooked on stove top in minutes."