Slow-Cooked Beef Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the green pepper, onion, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, paste, garlic and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until bubbly. Discard bay leaves; serve over spaghetti. Yield: 2 quarts.
3/4 cup: 186 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beef Spaghetti Sauce
"Did not taste good at all. Family ate it because we were hungry."
"We followed this recipe verbatim, and it just didn't taste that great. The beef had an odd consistency. There are many other recipes for spaghetti sauce that I would make again before this one.~ Theresa"
"This recipe was excellent and one I will surely make again. Tastes great leftover as well!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.