- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- Chopped lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- Rub roast with taco seasoning. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion and broth. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; cool slightly. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking juices in a saucepan; discard remaining juices. Skim fat from reserved juices. Shred beef with two forks; return to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and cold water until smooth; return to saucepan. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into meat mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture off center on each tortilla; top with chilies and 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, seam side down. Top with enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, top with chopped lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p24
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review