When my husband and I were both working full-time, we loved this recipe's 10-hour cook time. The beef brisket tastes so good after simmering all day in the crockpot, and the chili sauce adds a unique touch to the gravy. — Anna Stodolak Volant, Pennsylvania
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds), cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Rub brisket with pepper; place over onion. Top with mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine the broth, chili sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Slice brisket; serve with gravy. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Beef Brisket in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p11
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beef Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review