Slow-Cooked Beef Barbecue Recipe
We like to keep our freezer stocked with plenty of beef roasts. When we're not in the mood for pot roast, I fix these satisfying sandwiches instead. The meat cooks in a tasty sauce while I'm work. The meat cooks in a tasty sauce while I'm at work. Then I just slice i thinly and serve it on rolls.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Cut the roast into quarters; place in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, green pepper, onion, mustard and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast and thinly slice; return meat to slow cooker and stir gently. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes longer. Skim fat from sauce. Serve beef and sauce on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 414 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beef Barbecue
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC