- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Cut the roast into quarters; place in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, green pepper, onion, mustard and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and thinly slice; return meat to slow cooker and stir gently. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes longer. Skim fat from sauce. Serve beef and sauce on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Beef Barbecue in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p87
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beef Barbecue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review