Slow-Cooked Beef and Wine Ragu Recipe
Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Total: 2 Hours 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound pearl onions, peeled, halved
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck eye roast, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 6 cups hot cooked rotini pasta
- 1. HEAT 1 Tbsp. oil in Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 to 6 min. or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- 2. HEAT remaining oil in pan. Add meat, in batches; cook 8 to 10 min. or until evenly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from pan. Add tomato paste and garlic; cook 1 min. Return meat to pan. Add stock and wine; stir. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add onions; cook 20 min., stirring occasionally.
- 3. REMOVE small amount of liquid from pan. Add to cream cheese in small bowl; mix well. Return to pan; cook 10 min., stirring occasionally. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 550 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC