Slow-Cooked Beef 'n' Veggies Recipe
- 1 boneless beef top round steak (1/2 pound), cut into two pieces
- Dash seasoned salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1. Sprinkle one side of steak with seasoned salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle other side with garlic powder. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the salad dressing, water and browning sauce. Add carrots and potatoes; toss to coat. Add steak and coat with sauce. Top with onion and green pepper.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef with 2 cups vegetables (prepared with fat-free salad dressing; calculated without seasoned salt) equals 372 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,795 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 31 g protein.