“My husband and I came up with this soothing slow cooker recipe,” says LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. “It's simple, has lots of flavor and is low in fat.”
- 1 boneless beef top round steak (1/2 pound), cut into two pieces
- Dash seasoned salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into small chunks
- Sprinkle one side of steak with seasoned salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle other side with garlic powder. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the salad dressing, water and browning sauce. Add carrots and potatoes; toss to coat. Add steak and coat with sauce. Top with onion and green pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Beef 'n' Veggies in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p42
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beef 'n' Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review