- 1 boneless beef top round steak (1/2 pound), cut into two pieces
- Dash seasoned salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into small chunks
- Sprinkle one side of steak with seasoned salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle other side with garlic powder. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the salad dressing, water and browning sauce. Add carrots and potatoes; toss to coat. Add steak and coat with sauce. Top with onion and green pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beef 'n' Veggies
"I used fat free Italian Dressing instead of the regular, and since my roast had a little fat on it, it didn't taste like a no fat recipe. It was still very moist and had depth to the flavor. Next time I will either boost my slow cooker up to high or cook for longer because although my meat was cooked after 8 hrs on low, my carrots were still too crisp and we like lthem soft with a pot roast."
"SOUNDS GREAT. I WILL TRY IT. WE NEED MORE 2 PEOPLE RECIPES."