Slow-Cooked Beans Recipe
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 2-1/4 cups salsa
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, gently combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 134 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beans
"I make this recipe all the time and I always receive compliments. I change around the salsa and barbecue flavors occasionally or add lima beans instead of the butter beans. It's easy, reasonable in cost, and goes over well for potlucks or gatherings of family and friends."
"These are awesome!! I get rave reviews every time I make this dish. This recipe makes a LOT of beans, though. I halve it for smaller gatherings."