This flavorful bean dish adds nice variety to any buffet...it's a bit different than traditional baked beans. It's a snap to prepare, too, since it uses convenient canned beans and prepared barbecue sauce and salsa.
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 2-1/4 cups salsa
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, gently combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Beans in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p33
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review