- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 2-1/4 cups salsa
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, gently combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Beans
Sort By :
I make this recipe all the time and I always receive compliments. I change around the salsa and barbecue flavors occasionally or add lima beans instead of the butter beans. It's easy, reasonable in cost, and goes over well for potlucks or gatherings of family and friends.
These are awesome!! I get rave reviews every time I make this dish. This recipe makes a LOT of beans, though. I halve it for smaller gatherings.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >