Slow Cooked BBQ Pork Ribs
Check your pantry; you probably have everything needed to turn these ribs into a sweet, tangy, fork-tender treat. —Annette Thompson, Woodbury, Vermont
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or
- until meat is tender.
- Remove ribs and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve with
- ribs. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 480 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 1,247 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.