These saucy sandwiches are great for a hungry crowd and easy to prepare. Once the meat is cooked, transfer it to a slow cooker to keep warm until it’s time to serve.—Kim Wallace, Dennison, Ohio
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 10 hard rolls, split
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomato puree, brown sugar, steak sauce, lemon juice and salt. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and heated through.
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; pour sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as BASED ON: Slow Cooked Barbecued Pork Sandwiches in Summer Slow Cooker Meals Bookazine 2013
Reviews for Slow Cooked Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review