Slow-Cooked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Sliced onions, dill pickles and pickled jalapenos, optional
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, liquid smoke if desired and seasonings. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Shred beef with two forks; return to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each bun. Serve with onions, pickles and jalapenos if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This, with some minor modifications, came out fantastic. My chuck roast fit in the bottom of my 6-qt slow cooker, so I didn't bother to cut it in half. After cooking and allowing it to cool but before shredding, I removed the gelatinous fat and gristle from the roast. I used Chili Sauce -- which helpfully comes in 1 1/2 cup bottles -- instead of ketchup, doubled the garlic powder and added a half teaspoon of onion powder as well. Also, after straining the sauce and skimming off the fat with a gravy separator, I added a 6 oz can of tomato paste to thicken the mixture."
"Enjoyed by all and will definitely make this again. I put the cooked chuck roast chunks in the stand mixer and turned it into "pulled pork" in a few seconds. No more forks for me!"
"Great flavor. Juicy and tender. Reheats well."
"Mmm so good! I definitely recommend the liquid smoke. Perfect with pickled onions!"
"This was awesome!"