Slow-Cooked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Sliced onions, dill pickles and pickled jalapenos, optional
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, liquid smoke if desired and seasonings. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Shred beef with two forks; return to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each bun. Serve with onions, pickles and jalapenos if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
This was awesome!
I used a rump roast but next time I will use a chuck. I think a little fat from a chuck would be even tastier It was very, very good though. Everyone loved it. The diced jalapenos was a great idea! .
This is a keeper. I have been making this since it was first published. Works great with the chuck roast as written but also with a boneless pork roast or even boneless chicken thighs- just cook the chicken a shorter period of time.
Very tasty, just make sure to not over cook...mine took less than 8 hours in a 4 quart slow cooker.