Slow-Cooked Barbecued Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over brisket. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Pour half over the brisket; set the remaining sauce aside.
- 3. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with the reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 242 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.