"I enjoy fixing a sit-down meal for my husband and myself every evening, so this entree is often on the menu," writes Anita Keppinger from Philomath, Oregon. "It's fairly inexpensive and takes little effort to prepare. The tender beef tastes wonderful."
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over brisket. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Pour half over the brisket; set the remaining sauce aside.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with the reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Beef Brisket in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Barbecued Beef Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review