- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 5 slices salt pork belly (about 3 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Transfer beans to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 9-11 hours or until beans are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Baked Beans in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p220
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review