Slow-Cooked Asian Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken to a serving platter sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Asian Chicken(16)
Sort By :
My family loved this. I doubled the sauce and it turned out excellent!
This was a bit too strong for me.
Yummy and very easy!
Add unsalted peanuts to give it something extra, it was great!
I marinated cut up chicken breasts about two hours prior to cooking. Some changes:
1.Double the sauce recipe, only using half to marinate. Refrigerate the rest for later.
2.Cook chicken in slow cooker on low for 2-3 hours, then switch to warm.
3.To thicken the sauce, mix 1/3 cup cold water with 1 tablespoon corn starch. Add to a small sauce pan and stir over medium heat until thickened. Add the contents from the slow cooker and keep warm until served.
4.Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds prior to serving.
Overall, very tasty and will make again. Thanks to all the previous reviewers who helped me make these changes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >