Slow-Cooked Applesauce Recipe
- 6 pounds apples (about 18 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the apples, sugar, water, salt and cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- 2. Turn off heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Mash if desired. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12 cups.
1/2 cup: 105 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Applesauce
"This was delish! We left out the salt, butter & vanilla for a more natural taste. Very good, will definitely make again. 10 times better than any store bought applesauce & so easy to make!"
"I've always made applesauce in the slow cooker. I couldn't find my usual recipe so I went searching and found this one. Absolutely Fabulous!!! I made not changes at all."
"Great applesauce and easy to make. I love to slow cook the apple sauce on 'high' for 4 hours."