This chunky, sweet applesauce is perfect alongside main entrees. Because it's prepared in a slow cooker, you can fix it and forget it before you and the family head out for some winter fun.—Susanne Wasson, Montgomery, New York
- 6 pounds apples (about 18 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the apples, sugar, water, salt and cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- Turn off heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Mash if desired. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12 cups.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Applesauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p104
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Applesauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review