Slow-Cooked Apple Cranberry Cider Recipe
Buffets are my favorite way to feed a crowd. This fruity cider can be made ahead, then kept warm in a slow cooker so people can serve themselves. —Kathy Wells, Brodhead, Wisconsin
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the cider, cranberry juice and brown sugar add spice bag. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until cider reaches desired temperature. Discard spice bag. Yield: 11 cups.
1 cup: 128 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Apple Cranberry Cider
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2014
"Delicious and perfect on a windy Fall day!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC