This is my favorite recipe for lamb chops. It's great for people who are trying lamb for the first time, since the meat turns out extra tender and tasty. I decided to wrap the chops in bacon because that's how I've always done venison. I think it really enhances the flavor. —Sandra McKenzie Braham, Minnesota
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 4 lamb shoulder blade chops, trimmed
- 2-1/4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Wrap bacon around lamb chops; secure with toothpicks. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove chops; discard toothpicks and bacon. Drain liquid from slow cooker. Add potatoes and carrots; top with lamb chops. Sprinkle with rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and milk. Add mushrooms. Pour over the chops. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Lamb Chops in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p39
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Slow Cook Lamb Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review