Slow and Easy Chili Recipe
What's nice about this recipe is that you can add any extras (like chopped bell peppers or sliced fresh mushrooms) to make your own specialty. I only get the best reviews when I serve this chili. - Ginny Puckett, Lutz, Florida
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 envelopes chili seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until thickened and heated through, stirring occasionally. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 1,275 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC