Slow and Easy BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (6 ounces) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup plum jam
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ribs on all sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple juice, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove ribs; drain and discard cooking juices and onion. Return ribs to the slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and jam; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 495 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein .
Reviews for Slow and Easy BBQ Ribs
"I shred the pork after it is cooked and use it as a pulled pork recipe. My family loves it!"
"Excellent!! will definitely cook again"
"very good!! fall off the bone!! kids loved it!!"
"DELICIOUS!!!!! I will definately be making these again!!!!!"
"very good!!!! family loved them!!"
"My husband is a very picky eater so I was a bit nervous making this. He loved and told me keep this recipe. Thanks so much TOH!!"
"Easy and delicious! The entire family raved about this meal. Very good recipe."
"My entire family loved this dish!"
"I followed the recipe just as written and they were good. I did not think they were amazing, although they smelled amazing all afternoon as they were cooking, but they were good and tasty. The entire family ate them, even the 2 and 5 year olds. Definitely worth the effort to make."
"Ribs were so tender and not dry at all. I did drain the juices, but kept the onions with the meat and then poured on the BBQ sauce and jam. Very easy and delicious. Thanks, Kimi for a very good recipe."
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.