Slow and Easy BBQ Ribs
Put your appliances to work for you! Take advantage of your slow cooker’s convenience with these tender pork ribs coated in tangy barbecue sauce.—Kimi Short, Prior Lake, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup plum jam
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ribs on all
- sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple juice,
- onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat
- is tender.
- Remove ribs; drain and discard cooking juices and onion. Return ribs
- to the slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and jam; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 495 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.