Slow and Easy BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup plum jam
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ribs on all sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple juice, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove ribs; drain and discard cooking juices and onion. Return ribs to the slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and jam; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 495 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.