Put your appliances to work for you! Take advantage of your slow cooker’s convenience with these tender pork ribs coated in tangy barbecue sauce.—Kimi Short, Prior Lake, Minnesota
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup plum jam
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ribs on all sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple juice, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove ribs; drain and discard cooking juices and onion. Return ribs to the slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and jam; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Slow and Easy BBQ Ribs in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Slow and Easy BBQ Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review