Slow 'n' Easy Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauce. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken and serve the remaining sauce on the side. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 319 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 947 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.