- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauce. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken and serve the remaining sauce on the side. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow 'n' Easy Barbecued Chicken
Sort By :
"Just trying this today 9/20/14 for the 1st time. I'll let you know how it turns out!"
"Thought this was a great recipe"
"Sounds great, but had a question for those that have made this recipe. 3-4 hours on low heat doesn't sound right. Did it cook through in this amount of time or should it be on the high setting? Thanks everyone!"
"I used chicken breast next time i'll shred the chicken to make sliders."
"I've made the sauce from this recipe many times since I reviewed it almost 3 years ago. On chicken, or just about any meat - this recipe is a keeper!"