Slow & Easy Minestrone Recipe
Hot soup on a cold day is something I just can't get enough of. It's a snap to put together, and I don't have to wash pots and pans after a relaxing meal. — Sally Goeb, New Egypt, New Jersey
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small zucchini, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- 2. Cook barley according to package directions; stir into soup. Add beans; heat through. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1-1/2 cups equals 154 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,002 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC