Hot soup on a cold day is something I just can't get enough of. It's a snap to put together, and I don't have to wash pots and pans after a relaxing meal. — Sally Goeb, New Egypt, New Jersey
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small zucchini, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Cook barley according to package directions; stir into soup. Add beans; heat through. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Slow & Easy Minestrone in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p60
Reviews for Slow & Easy Minestrone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review