Sloppy Toms Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash pepper
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to drain on paper towels and set aside. Saute celery in bacon drippings; drain. Add the turkey, tomato sauce, water, soup mix, brown sugar, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve on hamburger buns. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 458 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,934 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Sloppy Toms
"I made it with 1/2 cup of catchup to give it a little zip. It teated a lot better."