Sloppy Pizza Joes
This recipe freezes well, so you can have a batch of Sloppy Pizza Joes on hand for an impromptu Pizza Joe party. —Charlene Easter, Milan, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the pizza sauce and seasonings. Cook and stir until
- heated through. Serve on buns with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 435 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 825 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.