- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce and seasonings. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve on buns with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Pizza Joes
Sort By :
Loved the flavor of this. I left out the rosemary, added some Italian seasoning as well as the garlic, oregano and onion powder. I used a good portion of fresh basil instead of dried. My family ate it giving great compliments. This is a keeper: the best sloppy joe recipe I've come across.
Great! I added mild sweet italian sasuage and used less rosemary! Will def do these again!!
Not too bad and easy to make. I agree that the seasonings gave them a strong taste. I would probably cut back on the rosemary.
Easy to make - used shredded mozzarella cheese. The whole family liked them!
I used a less rosemary, and added crushed red pepper flakes. Great taste & really simple. This is making the regular rotation!