Sloppy Jose Supper Recipe
Do something fun and delicious with your leftover cornbread. Top it with this slightly spicy Southwest dish. Simple, fast and comforting. Bethany Creaser, Derby Line, Vermont
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream
- 1. Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, red pepper, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the garlic, chipotle pepper, chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Stir in salsa and chili sauce; simmer for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4. Cut corn bread into nine squares; save four pieces for another use. Top each square of remaining corn bread with 2/3 cup beef mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese. Dollop with sour cream. Yield: 5 servings plus leftover corn bread.
1 serving (calculated without sour cream) equals 363 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Sloppy Jose Supper
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC