- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joes Sandwiches
Sort By :
"My new go-to recipe. The only change I made was cutting the brown sugar in half and adding a tablespoon of cider vinegar because I like it a little tangy. The kids loved it the way it is."
"LOVE this recipe! The first time I made it, the recipe turned out a little sweet for our taste. Second time, I used 3/4 Cup ketchup, and 1/4 Cup honey barbecue sauce. Everything else was as stated in the recipe. It was PERFECT! Just the right balance of sweet and tangy. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is because of my adjustment. Definitely a keeper, though! :-) Thank you!"
"Great recipe!! Easy, quick and great flavor. I used ground beef and the recipe as stated ... exept.. (and I always hate when people do that), but...I did make a few additions. Chopped up some green and red bell peppers and a jalepeno pepper and some onion. I omitted the onion powder but other than that was pretty much to the recipe. Made enough for 6 sandwiches. Was better tasting the next day!"
"Taste just like manwhich. A little sweeter."
"This sloppy joe recipe is very delicious. I wasn't sure how flavorful it would be, since the recipe doesn't include signature sloppy joe ingredients such as tomato sauce, diced onions or green peppers. I have to say, though, the flavor was amazing. It has a sweet and slightly tangy taste, that my entire family loved. My ten-year-old son, who is very picky, had two sloppy joes for dinner tonight. I can't wait to make these again soon!"