- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joes Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Great! Very tasty my family loves it"
"This was great! Very easy and tasty. I added cayenne pepper for an extra kick. I will be making these again!"
"To counter some of the sweetness, I added a tablespoon of sriracha sauce and a teaspoon of chili powder. In addition, i also added a 1/4 cup dried vegetable medley and tablespoon of dried onion in place of onion power. It gave it a wonderful kick. This is great go-to recipe for a quick dinner. Very tasty."
"Very good. I can see where some people think it is too sweet or too ketchupy, but as others have said, it's a great base to make adjustments depending on your palate. I like it well enough though, but might play around with the ingredients."
"This was very good! Husband added 1/4 cup of salsa to it. Texture was good, and like someone else said, it's a good base. I'm sure he'll start experimenting, using some hints from the reviews. Thanks, all!"