Sloppy Joes Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joes Sandwiches(27)
Sort By :
I was looking for a basic Sloppy Joe recipe and thought I would try this. The whole family loved it. It was easy and quick. I also doubled the recipe with no problems. It wasn't too sweet and had great flavor.
I used this recipe as a base for making homemade Sloppy Joe's one Friday night. In my recipe I used ground turkey, fresh onion and garlic, ketchup, yellow mustard, brown sugar, Bragg liquid aminos, cinnamon, smoked sweet paprika and a dash of cayenne. My family loves the addition of cinnamon in red sauces. It brings a warm and cozy feeling to the dish!
This recipe was very simple and fast to put together and all of the ingredients I had on hand. I did modify though, I added a 1/2 cup more ketchup and only used one tablespoon of the brown sugar.
My family loves this....i add shredded tex mex cheese while it's simmering, and or my family loves to add even more to it right before they eat it and it is so yummy without tasteing too cheesey....i give this 5 stars
This recipe was pretty good so much better than in a can. i couldnt believe how easy the ingredients were I had everything on hand! but next time I think I'll add 1 tblsp. Less of brown sugar & add some diced onions and green peppers.