- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joes Sandwiches
Sort By :
Taste just like manwhich. A little sweeter.
This sloppy joe recipe is very delicious. I wasn't sure how flavorful it would be, since the recipe doesn't include signature sloppy joe ingredients such as tomato sauce, diced onions or green peppers. I have to say, though, the flavor was amazing. It has a sweet and slightly tangy taste, that my entire family loved. My ten-year-old son, who is very picky, had two sloppy joes for dinner tonight. I can't wait to make these again soon!
This recipe is the best I have ever tasted. I use to use Bennetts Cocktail Sauce but my husband thought it was too sweet. I searched for a new recipe and found the one with the most stars. Like MelanieNee, I added my own onion (not a fan of onion powder) and a green pepper. I did not put celery in mine because I feel that celery can really overpower the taste of a lot of foods. I also doubled my ingredients, as I used a little more than two pounds of groundbeef. It turned out wonderful!!!!! I then served with onion rings. I didn't really notice if this recipe was a Taste of Home original or if someone else submitted it. Either way, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!
This is very tasty and super easy...I added an onion, red pepper, and a stick of celery. I also used an equivalent amount of tomato sauce, omitting some ketchup and it was a really nice flavor.
I love this recipe for Sloppy Joes. It's quick easy and my family loves it. I don't like really spicy foods and this is perfect. I too have doubled the recipe with no problems and have frozen the extra for later. It's a filling , quick and tasty meal.