Sloppy Joes Sandwiches
This is one of those recipes that cooks love because it's quick, easy and inexpensive. Brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness. In addition to rolls, the beef mixture is tasty over rice, biscuits or baked potatoes.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire
- sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on
- buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 439 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,360 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.