Sloppy joes are one my family's favorite dishes so I incorporated the flavors in a pizza.—Lisa Buglass, Bancroft, Wisconsin
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare crust according to package directions. In a saucepan over medium heat, brown beef and onion; drain. Add sloppy joe sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. On a floured surface, knead dough several times; pat into a greased 12- to 14- in. pizza pan. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Spread with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheeses. Return to the oven for 8 minutes or until the crust is brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Joe Pizza in Country Woman September/October 1995, p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Sloppy Joes Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2010
"Delicious and simple...what else could you ask for? :)"