“My husband and I raised 3 boys, and they had great appetites. I cooked and baked huge amounts of everything! I hope you like these Sloppy Joes as much as we do.” —Wanieta Penner, Assaria, Kansas
- 15 pounds ground beef
- 6 medium onions, chopped
- 1 gallon ketchup
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 96 hamburger buns, split
- In two stockpots over medium heat, cook and stir beef and onions until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Spoon 1/3 cup onto each bun. Yield: 96 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Joes for 8 Dozen in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p20
Reviews for Sloppy Joes for 8 Dozen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review