- 20 pounds ground beef
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 4 large green peppers, chopped
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 4 cups ketchup
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) tomato paste
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 6 to 8 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 100 hamburger buns
- In a large Dutch oven, brown the beef, onions, peppers and celery in batches until meat is browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to a large roaster; add the next 8 ingredients. Cover and simmer for 3-4 hours. Serve on buns. Yield: 100 servings (12 quarts).
Reviews for Sloppy Joes for 100
"I know this serves 100--but how much is a serving?"
"I have made this recipe twice for my church only I have to cut the recipe in half. Everyone loves it and has even asked for the Recipe."
"EXCELLENT!! I used this recipe at work and now I use it at home, too."